Brian: Alabamy Bound

My experiences during my summer internship at UAB

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Work's done, now what?

Well, my poster is printed, my paper is submitted, and my powerpoint presentation is saved. I'm pretty much done with the actual work. All that's left is to present my powerpoint thing tomorrow, present my poster the next day, and then I'm OUTTA here. FOR-EV-ER.

If you'd like to puruse my work since I've been at UAB,
here's a link to my 10 page research paper
here's a link to my 4x3 foot poster
to view these files you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader

I it's pretty in-depth, removed from reality kind of stuff, but the simplest I can describe it is that potentially someday this could contribute to electric and magnetic components on a single chip. If that means anything to you.

And if you were wondering, yes, I did try to put as many big, fancy sounding words in the title as I could find. But scientific papers are a little sneaky like that--"heat treatments" just means I put the sample in a (glorified) oven for an hour at a time.

Anyway, this may be my penultimate post, so I hope you've enjoyed it thus far.

And for you people that are just here for the pictures, about a month ago I walked over to "Vulcan Park," where they have "The Largest Cast-Iron Statue in the World." I think it was constructed for the St. Louis World's Fair a long time ago... maybe in the Dark Ages. Or at least in a time before they invented underwear.

I just had to take a picture of this old photo. I mean, a huge, iron flying butt? How often do you get to see that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home